Transform Your Life, Learn Focusing, Welcome the Way We Grow
Creating Space for Community
Creating Space for Community is a monthly gathering to explore concepts around inner/outer community building, belonging and thriving. These webinars are FREE to attend and are designed to support those using our Smartview Stories Facilitator Guide. During our time together, we will create a safe, playful environment to explore how we show up for the communities outside of us. These webinars emphasize Gendlin's action step; how is it we bring Focusing concepts into our daily living.
Skills you can grow during our time together.
* learn to utilize the three Inner Companions from Smartview Stories to make valuable aspects of Gendlin's philosophy and our body/brain neuroscience easy to understand.
*learn to discern when you are living from a partial view and when you are holding space for the whole of your body's wisdom in this situation.
* our mind is 'sticky', it likes to hold on to patterns it knows from the past. We will become more efficient at recognizing these sticky strategies and gain insight into moving beyond them in this playful community environment.
* the ability to pause and move into your body, into the present moment, or over to your right hemisphere to access a bigger picture and potentially do something new here. Each time we do this rewires our brain to for a sense of working together around future similar situations.
* via improvisational role play during our time together, practice resilience in rolling with what is here now.
* improve your ability to interact with others with kindness and clarity that everyone and everything is safe and with a sense of we're in this together.
* develop more ways to support yourself and those around you in processing challenging interactions.
* become aware of embodiment techniques that you can incorporate into your daily life to encourage holding on to new patterns that are emerging for you.
* receive neuroscience related handouts to support you in practicing these concepts in your daily life.
Each of us lives in community. Our family is our first one. In Focusing, we learn to create a space of radical acceptance for our inner community. In our time together here, we will create a safe, playful environment to explore how we show up for the communities outside of us.
Our time together will be heavily experiential. We’ll utilize universal themes and prompts from our recent life experiences. There will be whole group invitations and discussions. Sometimes we’ll invite writing, art and movement. We’ll have pair and small group breakout spaces. You will be invited into role-play scenarios and groups can volunteer to share their skit. Expect to laugh here, humor seems to be an essential quality of being when we invite our fears around holding our own sense of self in the world.
Smartview Stories is a series of family books written by Sandy that explore living a Focusing way of life in community. The stories illustrate both what is going on outside of us as well as inside of us via three Inner Companions based on neuroscience concepts. We’ll become familiar here with how these Inner Companions function within our own lives.
An aspect we practice in this community is both presuming welcome (I belong) and extending welcome (you belong). From here, a We Space between naturally forms. I encourage self-empowerment and enjoy working alongside members of the Learning Community. I have invited them to join in co-teaching these webinars. Together, we create a magical carpet ride we extend toward you.
We welcome any threads you’d like to add during your time with us here!
No products found
Co-Facilitators from Learning Community for Mastery in Guiding Change
Inge Terrill, March 2023
Rebecca Aydelette, May 2023
Carrie Moy, July 2023
Stacey Walling, September 2023